YARDI CHARGES TIP SHEET
Question: How do I create charges for a past or cancelled tenant?
Answer: The Detail Charge Batch. In Yardi, you can post a transaction to any tenant/person so long as they are assigned a t-code/Resident ID. An applicant is assigned a Resident ID when charges are created via the Guest Card, or, if no charges are created during the leasing workflow they are assigned a t-code/Resident ID when the lease is executed.
Example: To create a charge for a cancelled tenant see below.
- From your left side menu, Charges> Create Detail Charge Batch
- Complete the control fields (Total Declared & Items Declared) and click Save.
- Click the ‘new record’ button to start creating your charges.
- Fill in the blue fields on the charge screen. Multiple charges can be created on 1 screen for 1 tenant, use the grid lines to enter the charges for the tenant.
- Once all your charges are created, post the batch.
This process can be used for any person with a tenant status or a t-code/Resident ID in Yardi (Past, Notice, Denied, etc.) If the person has a t-code you can use the Detail Batch to create charges for the person. Detail Receipt Batch & Payable Batch can be used in the same capacity, these options are also found on the left side menu of your Community Manager Dashboard.